Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How do you like the new look?!

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am with the new look of the blog. A very talented teacher from beautiful West Virginia designed this for me and I can't thank her enough. Thank you, Kristen!

Some times when I am moving about our community I get the chance to sit down and have very honest and intellectually stimulating conversations. It's one of the perks of the job. Today was another one of those wonderful days.
My hope and goal is to see this program doing more outreach to local businesses, agencies and organizations. One of those relationships is to the Boys and Girls Club of America. If you have not had the true privilege of meeting Brian Jones, Executive Director of the B & G Clubs of the Highland Lakes...you should stop in today and say hello. The facilities both in Marble Falls and Burnet provide wonderful opportunities to not only get children involved and invested into their own futures, but to also have their parents/guardians invested just as much.
My vision is for those same goals to be a part of this program...collective involvement in each adult students future from a variety of supports; classroom, community and home.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment